Friday, May 8, 2015

Friday - Shirley Martin is talking about Heroes, Heroines and Villains #MFRWauthor #BooksWeLove


          
1. Do you write a single genre or do your fingers flow over the keys creating tales in many forms? Does your reading choices reflect your writing choices? Are there genres you wouldn’t attempt?  Janet, thanks for hosting me. I began writing historicals, but in the past few years I've written in the paranormal and fantasy genres. I read mostly fantasy and paranormal. I wouldn't attempt mystery or horror, nor sci/fi.
 
2. Heroes, Heroines, Villains. Which are your favorite to write? Does one of these come easy and why? I like writing them all. Possibly villains come easiest, although it would be difficult to say why.
 
3. Heroes. How do you find them? Do pictures, real life or plain imagination create the man you want every reader to love? Do they come before the plot or after you have the idea for the story? The plot always comes first for me. I create heroes from my imagination. I try to create them with alpha and beta qualities. I don't like the arrogant pure alpha hero.
 

4. Heroines. How do you find them? Do pictures, real life or imagination create the woman you want the reader to root for? Do they appear before the plot or after you have the idea for the story? As before, the plot comes first. Heroines come from my imagination. I don't like the kick-butt type of heroine. I like to make them spunky, but I don't overdo it.
 
5. Villains or villainesses or an antagonist, since they don’t always have to be the bad guy or girl. They can be a person opposed to the hero’s or heroine’s obtaining their goal. How do you choose one? How do you make them human?  i try to start out making the villain likeable so that the reader can't immediately identify him as the villain. Yes, I know he/she doesn't have to be a bad guy (or girl).In my fantasy romance, "Night Secrets" Aradia is the villainess, and she is evil.
 
6. What is your latest release? Who is the hero, heroine and or the villain? My latest is "Temptation" a contemporary vampire romance. Varik is the vampire hero. Jennifer is the heroine, and she's a schoolteacher. Celestia is the villainess, and she is also a vampire.  
 
7. What are you working on now? I'm working on a fantasy romance, tentatively titled "Love's Journey."
 
8. How can people find you?
            Website My website is undergoing renovation.
            Blog http://authorshirleymartin.blogspot.com
            Twitter--https://twitter.com/mshirley1496
            Facebook https://www.facebook.com/shirley.martin716970

No comments: