Friday, February 6, 2015

Friday - Roseanne Dowell Talking About Heroes, Heroines and Villains #BooksWeLove #MFRWauthor

1. Do you write a single genre or do your fingers flow over the keys creating tales in many forms? Does your reading choices reflect your writing choices? Are there genres you wouldn't attempt?
 Basically I write romance. However, I write mystery romance, paranormal romance (ghost and ESP), and just plain contemporary romance. I also do Women's Fiction. My characters range from young to senior citizens - yes older people need love too. I wouldn't even attempt to  write Historical,  fantasy, or Sci Fi.  Yes, I believe my reading does reflect what I write, but  I often read mystery without romance. 

2. Heroes, Heroines, Villains. Which are your favorite to write? Does one of these come easy and why?
 Hmm can't say as I have a favorite. Guess it depends on my mood. They all come pretty easy. I think writing romance makes it easy to do the hero and heroine. And the villian, well I guess I just have a mean streak in me. LOL

3. Heroes. How do you find them? Do pictures, real life or plain imagination create the man you want every reader to love? Do they come before the plot or after you have the idea for the story?
Sometimes I find them in magazines, sometimes from real life, and sometimes they're just in my imagination. Since I don't really plot my books, they generally come from the idea for the story.
4. Heroines. How do you find them? Do pictures, real life or imagination create the woman you want the reader to root for? Do they appear before the plot or after you have the idea for the story?
Pretty much the same as the hero.
5. Villains or villainesses or an antagonist, since they don’t always have to be the bad guy or girl. They can be a person opposed to the hero’s or heroine’s obtaining their goal. How do you choose one? How do you make them human?
Pretty much they create themselves. I've had stories where they just suddenly show up. 
6. What is your latest release? Who is the hero, heroine and or the villain?
My latest release is Trouble Comes in Twos - a rewrite of Double the Trouble. Kate Wesley is the heroine. She returns to her hometown after a five year absence.
7. What are you working on now? I'm actually working on two right now, or at least I'm trying to. Blocked on both of them. Working titles - The Ad Agency and All's Well that Ends Well
8. How can people find you?
            Website   www,roseannedowell.com
            Blog        http://roseannedowellauthor.blogspot.com
            Twitter    https://twitter.com/roseannedowell
            Facebook

No comments: