Monday, December 6, 2010

My Writing Life - Dec 6th The contest

The day has gone very fast and I'm just organizing my day. Just learned about a new release. The Hudson House Murders is available electronically. No print yet. This time Katherine goes undercover at an exclusive nursing home.

A bit about the contest, Remember those who are followers have an good chance of being sent a paper copy of one of my books. Now for the interesting news. The Winner of The Henge Betrayed is Deidre and I'll be emailing her soon. The next book up is The Henge Betrayed -- Refuge recently out in print. This is the second of the series suitable for all ages. The first chapter is up on the blog about a month ago. So read and toss your hat in the ring by making a comment on today's blog.

Here's the Blurb. The adventure begun in Flight continues. Ash, Bran, Ky and Jay led by the mysterious birds they believe are their parents, find refuge with a doma while they await the arrival of their friend Zand. The doma plans to take them to safety in the highlands but news of the capture of two friends by the evil Dom Senet send them on a rescue mission. They soon realize their powers are not strong enough to defeat him but they must find a way to succeed or risk seeing their friends corrupted forever.

Now to my week. I have an interesting event outside my door. I have what may be the ugliest rose bush in creativity. We have had two frosts so far this year but there are ten bright red roses on the bush. There are no leaves. There have been no leaves for nearly two months but there are roses. My granddaughter calls it the magic bush. That's kind of how I feel about writing these days. There's a magic when I see the characters come to life and there's a magic in realizing some day I will finish the last of the Henge series. Not this year but definitely early next year. Perhaps in time to see book three in the series released.

Don't know about the rest of you but some books come easy and some come hard. With this fourth book, there are so many ends to tie up and slowly they're coming to happen. Will I ever attempt anything this encompassing? Probably. I do love casts of thousands. The next story I tell will have only two. That will be a break. How do your writing days go?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to read your books. I haven't read any yet. I have a rosebush as well and I swear, I don't know how its thriving. I have TONS of leaves and three buds on it and it's so cold outside. I love the little miracles of nature. Good luck on your book, the end will come before you know it!

Val
lastnerve2000@gmail.com

Janet Lane Walters said...

Thanks. Hopefully you'll be one of the winners.