Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Wednesday Murder and Herbal Tea #MFRWHooks #BWLAuthor #cozy mysters #wedding #Honeymoon

 

Join the authors at #MFRWHooks here   http://mfrwbookhooks.blogspot.com for some interesting excerpts. Mine is found @https://wwweclecticwriter.blogspot.com  Murder and Herbal Tea Katherine gets married

Blurb;

Katherine’s wedding day has arrived and she and Lars make their vows. When she notices one of her best friends hasn’t arrived, she begins to worry. Her friend owns a shop where tea and accompaniments are sold. Her friend’s partner is a micromanager. Katherine’s friend has wanted to dissolve the partnership. A call to the New England town brings the dreadful news of a murder. Kate’s protectiveness factor takes hold and she leaves a note for Lars and heads to rescue her friend. Though she has promised to leave murders alone, she feels she has no choice. Lars follows to help her solve another murder.

Editorial Review
Long-time beau Lars has finally convinced Katherine Miller to become Katherine Claybourne. But fans won't be surprised that even on her honeymoon, Kate can't stop herself. She's a magnet for murder. ~ Writer Gail Roughton



Excerpt:

Following to snatch Lars from his kidnappers proved impossible. Every time someone stopped me to gush congratulations, my stomach tightened. I thought about being rude but we were in church and today was meant to be a joyous occasion.

I noticed Sarah’s foster son near the stage. He held a rectangular object in one hand. His fingers moved so fast they blurred. Texting, I hoped. I hurried toward him. He held a phone.

"Jamal, could I use your phone? There’s a call I must make.”

“Sure, Mrs. M.” His hand covered his mouth. “Forgot. You’re now Mrs. C. Do you know how to use one?”

I patted his crisp curls. “I may be old but I have some skills with modern technology. Mine’s at home.”

He scuffed the floor with the toe of his shoe. “Didn’t mean you were old.”

“It’s all right. I won’t be long.” I slipped from the noisy room and ducked into the small parlor. Drawing a deep breath, I dialed Herbal Haven’s number. After fifteen rings I hung up. How did I transpose the last four numbers last week? After two tries, I heard Joyce’s voice.

“Who is this?” she asked. “More harassment?”

“It’s Kate. What happened? What did she do?”

“Got herself murdered.”

“What?”

“No joke. Everything’s a mess. I couldn’t call you. They took me in for questioning yesterday morning and didn’t release me until an hour ago when it was too late to call.” Her voice trembled. “They told me not to leave town.”

“When was she killed?”

“Sometime Monday night. Yesterday on my way to your place I stopped at the shop for a basket of fresh herbs I’d fixed for you to plant at your new house. I found her body, called the police and instantly became the prime suspect.”

“Why you? You had no reason to want her dead, especially when you planned to buy her out. Did she know?”

“She was making plans to move. One problem. She wanted to keep this quiet until she had the cash.”

“How odd.”


3 comments:

Tena Stetler said...

Well that's a fine mess to be figured out. I love your mysteries. This is another good one. Thanks for sharing.

Daryl Devoré said...

Another interesting mystery. Why was she killed?

Maggie Blackbird said...

I am enjoying your excerpts. You really have a knack for writing teh cozy mystery!