Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Tuesday's Writer's Tip Revision and You #MFRWAuthor #BWLAuthor #Revision ways #amwriting

Revision comes in many ways but learning what works best for you is important. I really enjoy revision but for me it's really a rewriting of the story. Not from scratch but reading each scene and scrawling notes all over the pages and then sitting down and making a clean copy of what I really meant to say. Those first words that come in the heat of getting the story down are often inadequate.

I've many writer friends and we've talked about how we revise. I have a friend who before a new word hits the page sits down and makes all the changes in the previous day's work. Until she has that scene perfect, she can't move on. Another reads her entire mss aloud and marks where changes need to be made. I find this works great for dialogue, but that's my choice.

The one thing to remember is even after the book is published and you're looking over a copy, you will find places you want to change.

In revision, you're looking for the right way to say what you've already said. How do you revise. Let me know.


My Places

Buy Mark
http://bookswelove.net/walters-janet-lane/

No comments: