Friday, May 15, 2020

Friday Anna Taylor is Visiting and talking about being a Panster or Plotter #MFRWAuthor #Panster #Plotter

1. Are you a panster or a plotter or perhaps a bit of both? I'm a plotter with panster tendencies. 

2. Which comes first - characters or plot for you? Plot. I always imagine the "what if" then see what kind of characters develop in it.

3. What are you working on now? Is this a book in a current series or something totally new? I'm always working several projects at once. Currently I'm self-publishing Haunted Serenade, a gothic romance novella I had published under the penname Anna M. Taylor, which I'll be using to launch a series entitled Haunted Harlem in June. I also have two short stories coming out in anthologies with Delilah Devlin and Passionate Ink, the erotic romance chapter of Romance Writers of America .

4. Do you have some kind of object or place that figures in most of your books? I use gems a lot, hospitals and caves. For me it's place. So far my stories have taken place either in upstate New York or the boroughs of New York City and the West in the late 1800's in fictionalized versions of the all Black towns founded after the Civil War.

5. Do you write everyday or just when the spirit hits? I try to write everyday. It's easier though when the spirit hits, but if it doesn't I forge ahead anyway.

6. Where can we find you? As Michal Scott (erotic romance) I can be found at www.michalscott.webs.com, Twitter #mscottauthor1 and https://amzn.to/2TSHzRn. As Anna M. Taylor (gothic romance and women's fiction) I can be found at www.annamtaylor.webs.com and on Facebook @annamtaylorAuthor. As Anna Taylor (inspirational romance) I can be found at www.annataylor2678.webs.com and on Twitter @revannable. 

7. Who are your favorite authors? What about a book you’ve enjoyed? I have too many favorites to name them all, so I'll just name the latest books I enjoyed by three of them: Rebel by Beverly Jenkins (historical), The Money Man by Nancy Herkness (contemporary romantic mystery) and An Old Fashioned Texas Christmas by Karen Witemeyer (inspirational romance).

3 comments:

Anna Taylor Sweringen said...

Thanks for hosting me today and tomorrow on your blog Janet. Answering your questions was fun. : )

Deb N said...

Anna - it's always fun to see how writers think and write when they are developing stories. Yours always sound so fascinating. And I love that you start with setting and then find characters to fit that setting. Good luck with your newest books coming out soon!

Anna Taylor Sweringen said...

Hi Deb, It's just the way my mind works. Thanks for stopping.