Monday, October 30, 2017

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #Poetry #Writing

Meander 1 Poem - Woman

Woman

Woman with a thousand faces stares at you with widened eyes,
Changing in cameleon patterns.
Woman with mercurial guise.
Madonna calm, she holds her children
Eyes veiled -- hidden knowledge
Gamin face sparks with laughter
Teases, flirts joyously.
Smiles a smile like Mona Lisa
Cryptic.
Can you touch her soul?
Sick with live, never ending, ever giving.
Torn as the faces of Picasso's women
Watching war,strife, hatred - fragmented on a battleground.
Rides as Godiva, naked, battles for an inner cause.
Shy and bold. Cold and warm.
Venus from the ocean comes.
And Diana strides the heavens, bow in hand.
She, the woman, of all ages.
Goddess, whore and all between.
Woman with a thousand faces.
Stares.

Meander 2 - The flitting mind. All week I've thought of a dozen meanders I might do but the flitting mind has thought and sent them all away. So the second meander is just that like the stream that wanders about the books I've been reading, the things happening in my life but nothing can be caught. The flitting mind strays and strays.

Meander 3 - Writing - Am on the last draft of Murder and Sweet Tea and I'm ready to be done and to see the story end. There's cleaning up to do and the story to be proofed. That will take me the rest of the week and into the next but I will be ready to write The End. The next story is gearing up to be begun.

1 comment:

Rosemary Morris said...

Thank you for sharing this. My mind refuses to switch off while I'm doing mundane chores, shopping or gardening, it flits like a moth around ideas for my next novel.