Monday, October 23, 2017

Meandering on Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #Poetry #Writing

Meander 1 - Poem Rusted Woman

Rusted Woman

I was for eons an expectant statue
cemented by suppression's rusty mold
and generation after generation,
dulled luster encrusted all my limbs.
A piece of iron turned red in sheltered service.
Silver blackened by submissive air.
Gold green stained by moistured resignation.
Patina dulled as time moved ever forward.
Thus clothed by the climate of past ages,
I stood and watched and waited patiently.

Meander 2 - Looking Back - My fiftieth anniversary of being a published author approaches. Some days I find this hard to believe. I remember the day the first acceptance arrived. Excited, I called the hospital where my husband was in his residency in Psychiatry. The secretary answered. She was sorry but he was with a patient but I could leave a message. For several years, we called my stories my children. At that time, we also had two sons. I announced that I had sold one of my children. I thought he would understand what I meant. Did the woman garble the message? Who knows. My husband called in a panic. What ahd the boys done. We had had a few interesting incidents like milk poured into the TV followed a few weeks later by soda making the lights go out. When I explained, we laughed. That is a day I will never forget. So I'm still producing children and each time one of them hits print, I feel the same excitement. And like then, I immediately begin writing the next.

Meander 3 - Writing - Sweet Tea is getting closer to the end. Once the last draft is in type, all I need to do is go through the chapters and add things I have missed. There are several scenes to be re-written. That will happen and then I can send it to the editor and start something new. The Leo - Aquarius Connection.

No comments: