Friday, May 12, 2017

Friday's Guest - Featuring Diane Parkinson - Who She Was Before #MFRWauthor #historicals #Navy


  1. What were you in your life before you became a writer? Did this influence your writing?


I worked for the US Navy, and traveled all over with my Navy husband. I’ve always loved to travel and visit foreign countries, so that has influenced my writing of historical fiction. I visited England twice and was fascinated by the history, the way people lived in the past. In England you can share an ale in a thirteenth century tavern—how thrilling.

2 Are you genre specific or general? Why? I don't mean genres like romance, mystery, fantasy etc. There are many subgenres of the above.

I prefer historical fiction with a touch of romance. But my ‘romance’ is serious, and hopefully, believable. The characters don’t instantly fall in love.

3. Did your reading choices have anything to do with your choice of a genre or genres?

Actually no. I used to read all over the spectrum. But now that I’m writing historicals, I’m reading much more of that genre, and of course, delving deep into research. I want my stories to be as authentic as possible.

4. What's your latest release?

A re-release of my very first novel. Originally titled The False Light, then Betrayed Countess. Now the title is: Escape the Revolution. The historical Novel Society called it “simply brilliant.” The novel follows a young Frenchwoman stranded in England during the French Revolution, trying to survive and find out the truth of her father’s death. Will she also find love with a man who may have murdered his wife?


5. What are you working on now?

I’m very excited to be included in the series, Canadian Historical Brides, to celebrate Canada’s 150th anniversary. My novel, On a Stormy Primeval Shore, set in 1784, shows the development of New Brunswick through the eyes of a young Englishwoman and an Acadian (French) man. People from different worlds- in a wilderness beset with problems-who form a forbidden attraction.

6. Where can we find you?

At my publisher’s Author Page and my website:




2 comments:

Anita Davison said...

It was lovely familiarising myself with your books again Diane. They are beautifully written and a unique window onto the 18th Century. As a fellow author on the Canadian Brides Series I wish you luck with On a Story Primeval Shore

Diane Scott Lewis said...

Thanks for the lovely comment, Anita.