Monday, February 27, 2017

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #writing #poetry

Meander 1 - Poem Tiger Cat

He walks with solow, mincing steps.
Miniature tiger slinks through the grass.
His coat is golden brown, black striped
And eyes that mirror memories of past days.
Teeth no longer swords, blunted from tamer use.
Stalking in imitation of a larger beast.
Hiding on a tree branch to pounce
On the victim down below,
A baby doll left in the rain.

Meander 2 - The shirt - My favorite shirt is wearing out and I will miss it. The shirt attracts attention everywhere I go. Perhaps it's the word on the front - Murder. I received the shirt when I spoke at a conference about combining mystery with romance many years ago. I feel sad but I'm a Cancer and we tend to cling to old things. I even cling to myself who is always one day older than I was the day before.

Meander 3 _ Writing.- Coming to the end of the next to last draft of The Cancer Capricorn Connection and hopefully I'll finish it before long. I started to outline a five book fantasy series. The first book has chapters prepared but it will be awhile before I can write this book. First I must get two stories out of the computer and onto the publisher and then re-format around thirty books. What a chore but for many of them there are jsut a few things to add to make them perfect again. Actually, not perfect. Though we try, no book is perfect.

No comments: