Monday, February 13, 2017

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #Poetry #49years #amwriting

Meander 1 - Poem - The Dance

Dance my love, dance into the day.
Our night is coming to a close.
The time is short when we can play.

I soon will have to go away
Into the place of sleeping woes.
Dance my love, dance into the day.

I wish that I could stay
And have this moment in time froze.
The time is short when we can play.

So let our laughter be most gay.
How can we know where this life goes?
Dance my love, dance into the day.

And when we close out bodies sway,
Our love becomes a fading rose.
The time is short when we can play.

I kiss your lips and softly pray
Wait I near the horning blows.
Dance my love into the day.
The time is short when we can play.

Meander 2 - 49 years. That's how long I've been a published author. I remember the day, about this time of year when the letter from a magazine editor arrived stating they would publish my story "A Small Smile." The best thing is they were paying for the story and a check was enclosed along with a contract for me to sigh. What a thrill. One hundred dollars was mine to do as I would. Actually, I bought a new typewriter. Not sure what but it had this wheel with the letters on and was a wonderful compared to the small portable one I was using. So I'm celebrating today.

Meander 3 - Writing- I'm trying to finish two novels so I can get them off to my publisher. Then there will be dozens to get into the new format. This will take a few weeks before I can start the fifth of the Astrology series. The Leo- Aquarian Connection.

2 comments:

J.Q. Rose said...

Congratulations on 49 years as an author!! You've seen a lot of changes in this industry.

Janet Lane Walters said...

More changes than one can admit to,