Monday, May 9, 2016

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #Poetry

Meander 1 - Poem - Ash Wednesday

Ash Wednesday

Burn the palms of yesteryear.
Bring them to the altar.
Ashes of another life
And another being.
Secrets carried in the heart,
Little sins and big.
Pile them high upon the dish,
Scapegoat them away.
Build the pyre. Touch the flame.
Watch them burn and purify,
Secrets from the soul.
Hidden things you never knew
Lurked to startle you.
Given as a gift
To burn and cleanse the soul.
Wear them black upon your brow.
Show the world you know
What you were just yesterday
And hope to be no more.
Ashes of remembreance.
Ashes of your life.
Burn the palms of yesterday
And come to see yourself.

Meander 2 - I've been reading a lot of people having Bucket Lists and striving to visit, perform or realize before their lives end. Maybe I'm the strange one but I'm totally content with all I've done or seen or been in my life. Are there things I wish I could accomplish. There are but I'll not put them on a list. I'll do the things that occur and be happy without always looking for one more place to visit, one more goal to accomplish, or ome more achievement to realize. Looking back is nice. Looking forward is iffy. Living in the present is my goal.

Meader 3 - Writing is going slowly these days but I'm sure the pace will pick up soon,

No comments: