Friday, March 4, 2016

Friday - Who She Was Before featuring Suzanne de Montigny #MFRWauthor

1.      What were you in your life before you became a writer? Did this influence your writing?

I was an elementary music teacher before I became a writer. Did it influence my writing? Absolutely! Because I write for the very age group I taught. Plus, I began storytelling at the end of music classes as a way of encouraging students to behave. It worked. But what surprised me was how much they loved my stories.



2.      Are you genre specific or general? Why? I don't mean genres like romance, mystery, fantasy etc. There are many subgenres of the above.

I write middle grade or YA, although I’m thinking of writing a chapter book.



3.      Did your reading choices have anything to do with your choice of a genre or genres?

Well, I can’t really say that’s true because I liked to read a lot of historical novels back then and still do, and though my unicorn trilogy takes place 12,000 years ago, it’s fantasy. And my teen novel, A Town Bewitched, is present day.


4.      What's your latest release?

It’s called The Deception. It’s the second book of my Shadow of the Unicorn series.


5.      What are you working on now?

I’m working on Book 3 of my unicorn series. It’s called The Revenge.



6.      Where can we find you?
Here are my links:




No comments: