Monday, January 11, 2016

Meandering On Monday With Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #Poetry #writinglongeviety


Meander 1 - Poem

Carpe Noctum

My love, your frost-kissed head of hair
Holds more appeal than untinged locks.
Though myne seems young, if you look close
You find tracts of an artist's brush.
My body's taut and so is yours
From dieting and exercise.
Oh come before arthritis ice
Settles in our aging joints and
We become as the winter's sun
Heading for the longest night.
Let us flare in one small fire
Make a warm night off season.
Mildly reminiscent of the
Bonfire days seized in our youth.

Meander 2 _ Writing longeviety. I have now become my 48th year of becoming a published author. Granted there were months and even years when I didn't publish being entangled in other affairs like a return to nursing and other things that seemed important at the time. I remember the first sale with the same wonder as I do each new one. Hopefully there are a few more years so I cn finish all the stories that need to be written or revised,

Meander 3 - My writing is going slowly but it's going. I am working on the fourth of the six novellas and am quite frustrated. I would like to see them published again but they are still up at 2 sites. I don't see why the publisher doesn't take them down there when she has at the other three or four places. Typing the changes into Wizards is going slowly also. There's soo many little and big ones that must make sense. So I slog.

No comments: