Monday, January 4, 2016

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #Poem


Meander 1 _Poem

Avalanche

You reached to me. Laughter coated you like
The surface of earth on a mountain slope.
I saw your earth cover crack and forth
From your depths an avalanche of lonliness
A rolling wave of stones and rocks rushing
Rock over ock down tumbling toward me.
The brutal crashing, crushing threat - steady
Surge of lonliness pins me poised alarmed
And terrified I curl myself upon
Myself. Protective womb retreat. My hands
About myself in tight embrace. I hide.
Between us rings a hauntine why. The pain
And loneliness is part of us. Never
To reach, never to touch but to cry as
Rocks and stones and sheets of earth reverberate
From our curl closed bodies' tight defense.

Meander 2 - I'm on a reading kick these days and am reading and re-reading books of some of my favorites. Visiting old friends is nice but new ones is even better. Are you a reader, too. If I hadn't become a reader I never would have become a writer.

Meander 3 - My writing is going, not as fast as I would want but it's going. I've nearly finished the re-writes on the third of the novella series and am slowly typing the changes to the Wizards. Now it's slated for February release since my publisher has set days to submit giving her a welcome breath to get the work done. She's a dynamo but everyone needs time just to breathe.

No comments: