Friday, August 7, 2015

Friday - Andrea Cooper is Talking About Heroes, Heroines and Villains #MFRWauthor #fantasy #paranormal

  1. Do you write a single genre or do your fingers flow over the keys creating tales in many forms?
 
I create stories in several genres: fantasy, paranormal romance, romantic suspense, and historical romance
 
Does your reading choices reflect your writing choices?
 
Yes. I prefer to read in the same genres I write in. However, I’m a member of several bookclubs and it stretches my reading list. Like Gone Girl, I never would have read that book—just watched the movie and if it was good, then read the book.
 
Are there genres you wouldn’t attempt?
 
Science Fiction and Mystery. I love watching shows/movies in those genres, but their Muse has never visited me.
 
  1. Heroes, Heroines, Villains. Which are your favorite to write?
 
Heroines, with Heroes close behind. I like to write strong women and the men who love them.
 
  1. Heroes. How do you find them? Do pictures, real life or plain imagination create the man you want every reader to love? Do they come before the plot or after you have the idea for the story?
 
Pictures help, though I’ll have a rough idea in my mind of the look and attitude of the hero—then search through photos until I find one that comes close. Then I create a character sheet with his photo attached (kind of like a Gamer’s character profile).
 
 
4. Heroines. How do you find them? Do pictures, real life or imagination create the woman you want the reader to root for? Do they appear before the plot or after you have the idea for the story?
 
            Ditto on the Heroines. I know the hair color, attitude, etc. and look for pictures to match or give me a visual trigger of what the heroine looks like. Since I’m a panster, the heroine gets more detailed in my mind as I write the story.
 
5. Villains or villainesses or an antagonist, since they don’t always have to be the bad guy or girl. They can be a person opposed to the hero’s or heroine’s obtaining their goal. How do you choose one? How do you make them human?
 
            I imagine them as being the hero of their own story. In their mind, they aren’t the villain/villainess/antagonist. If the hero didn’t stand in their way, they would triumph.
 
6. What is your latest release? Who is the hero, heroine and or the villain?
 
Crystal is the heroine, but she’s also a slight antagonist against the hero. She’s trained as a thief in order to prove her father’s innocence against the corporation who framed him. However, the hero is the undercover against on the case to catch the thief.
 
7. What are you working on now?
 
I’m currently working on a paranormal series about Succubae and Incubi. Claimed Book 1 is forthcoming in February 2016. I’m wrapping writing Fallen Book 2 in this series and plan to start Bewitched Book 3 later this year.
 
8. How can people find you?
 
 
Author Website: www.AndreaRCooper.com
 

2 comments:

stanalei said...

I love your comment about the villains being the hero of their own story, Andrea. To make a truly great conflict I believe that to be true for any story.

Janet Lane Walters said...

Thanks for stopping by. The villain comment is really on point