Sunday, November 9, 2014

Sunday, Talking about My Books - Heart Throb by Janet Lane Walters


Magda Malone likes men and has no desire to marry. She’s been there, done that and got burned. She’s happy with her position as coordinator of the cardiac unit at the hospital. A new neighbor promises many nights of steamy sex. Damon also has no desire for marriage. He had too many steps as a child and sees marriage as a serial sort of game. He doesn’t want to play. When Magda learns he’s a cardiologist, she blows him off. The problem is Damon has fallen in love and he must convince Magda there’s more between them than sex.

When I began this story, I set myself to a challenge or two. Often in romance, there's the attraction and the relationship develops into love and then there's physical commitment. Here I wanted to see if I could bring this couple together who both had reasons to want to keep their relationship on just a physical level. They are attracted to each other. The other challenge I set myself was the age difference. She's an older woman. He's the younger man. Though the story was tricky to write, I managed and the thing was the hero had to be the one to tumble into love first and he's the one who has to persuade her to fall for him.

The story was a fun one to write and while steamy and a fast read, I consider this a very contemporary read. There are few of the buzz words found in erotic romance but there are the heated emotions and a happy ending. I'm all for happy endings.

No comments: