Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tuesday's Inspirations - Sinclair Lews ala Janet Lane Walters


This quote sort of follows what I wrote when I was meandering, so here goes.

"It is impossible to discourage real writers -- they don't give a damn what you say, they're going to write." Sinclair Lewis.

This is how I feel about writing. No matter what I'll keep on doing it. How about you? Stories are to be told. Characters come to life and suddenly you become so immersed in their lives and adventures you can't stop until you reveal all the nooks and crannies of their lives. So why do you write?

Is it for fame and fortune? Or is it because you must? There are people who begin writing and who become discouraged when they don't sell. These days publishing has become a wide open street. People can aim for the huge publishers, they can mesh with a smaller publisher or they can self-publish. Much depends on the nature of the writer.

I look back on the many writers I know who have given up or the ones who if they're not going to be a best seller stop writing. I also see friends who are afraid to succeed. They hang back and quit writing. So one has to find that reason inside that says this is what I have to do. This is what I want to do. Discourage me not. I am going to write. Determination is where it's at. The motto, should be finish the book and move on to the next.

No comments: