Monday, July 25, 2011

25 July - Week behind and week ahead

Last week found me promoting The Henge Betrayed -- Quests. Finally a new release. I also checked the galleys of Moon Pool an group of four novellas, two mine and two Jane's. What I saw looked great and read well. So soon there will be another book for my shelves. Am waiting to hear about two submissions and will check on them soon. I began on The Pharaoh of Horu and have blocked in seven chapters. That's a good start. Looks like the book will end with somewhere between 24 and 30 chapters. Goal is from 72,000 to 80,000 words. I'll be busy for months with this one.

During the coming week I'll be continuing to block out the rest of The Pharaoh of Horu. This is sort of the fun part since it's mainly plot and often I come across changes that will occur as I do the drafts. For me there are usually 4 after the book is roughed out. Plot, Character, Setting and Language.

One is always excited when starting a new work and often wish it could be done yesterday. This is not the lot of the writer. Long books take weeks and months but living with new people and learning how they act and react is a great time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Janet, Congrats on your new release! So sorry I haven't been to your blog - between vacation and trying to keep up writing, I am behind!