Friday, November 10, 2023

Anne Fowler is visiting and talking about her release #MFRWAuthor #book #memoir #life change

 

Tell me about your latest release or the book you wish to feature? Genre?                          I’ve Worn Many Hats is the no holds barred memoir of my unorthodox life lived in a manner regularly viewed as risky and on the edge, frequently laughable, on occasion full of hardship, but never boring! The candid account that spans decades of a long bumpy life evokes many emotions; laughter, empathy, shock, admiration. As you read the first half, you may find yourself going back, re-reading and thinking, “she did what?!” In the second half of the book, you will discover what inspired me to make such a drastic life change, leaving behind a long successful career in Human Resources to pursue philanthropic work with the children of Honduras. All the books proceeds are going towards my children’s programs in Honduras

2. Where did the idea arise?  

 For years, friends and colleagues had been urging me to write my life story. Then trying to cope with the Covid lockdown that prevented me from returning for my normal 6 months to Canada from Honduras, it seems as good a time as ever!

 

3. How much research was involved? Did you stay on point or be distracted by wanting to look at just one more thing?

Since it was “my own story,” it was simply a matter of jotting down notes as memories came to me. This could occur at any time of the day or night! Paper and pens located everywhere!

 

4. How long did you take to write the book?

 About a year.

 

5. Now a bit about you. How long have you been writing? What is your Sun Sign?

I am a Capricorn. This was my first book but I realize that I have been “writing” in various forms since I first penned a mystery play for my Grade Four classmates. Throughout my life I’ve written various newspaper columns, a couple of fund raising cookbooks and many, many speeches, marketing proposals and other business related pitches. 

 

6. Do you write in a number of genres of stick to one?

Since I’ve only written one book, this question probably doesn’t apply.

 

7. Where on the internet can you be found?

    My web page is: http://anne.honduranhope.net, Face Book: Anne Hamilton Fowler, email: anne.fowler@xplornet.ca

 

 

No comments: