Thursday, June 6, 2019

Thuesday's Fourth Scene from Past Betrayals, Past Loves #MFRWAuthor #BWLPublishing #Paranormal #Time travel

When her father led Mermeshu into the room where she kept the tallies, Seshat's breath caught. His fingers brushed her hand and her breasts felt heavy. His eyes caressed her body. Her heart fluttered like the wings of a bird in flight. Heat pooled in her belly.
     "Show Mermeshu the tallies for the fields, flocks and herds," Sehetep said. "Intef and I will examine the warriors of the nome."
     Once her father left, she wanted to run after him and she wanted to feel Mermeshu's arms around her. Today he wore no tunic. She stared at his tanned muscular chest and wondered if his body was as hard as it appeared. She inhaled his scent, a musky odor that tantalized. She handed him several scrolls. "These are the latest accounts."
     He ran a finger over the back of her hand. She sucked in a breath. How could such a light touch make so many exciting changes in her body? He began to read. She walked toward the door.
     "Don't go. I may have some questions."
     Seshat went to the chest where the papyrus was stored. She studied his broad shoulders and the way his muscles moved as he read.
     He finished the last of the tallies and stood. A wave of disappointment swept over her. "Have you no questions?"
     He stepped behind her and caressed her shoulders. "I have two." He slid his hands across her shoulders and cupped her breasts. She moaned. "Do you feel what pulses between us?"
     "Yes."
     "Will you come to the garden after moonrise to meet me?" He moved a hand to stroke her abdomen.
     The sensations storming her body stole her breath. She sighed and leaned against him.
     "Seshat, be my star tonight."
     "I will come."
     He pressed her against his groin. She felt his body change. "Oh."
     "'Tis my desire you feel. Tonight you will know the power of my love." He brushed his lips over her shoulders. "Tonight."
     Seshat sank on her stool. She felt fevered. She hovered at the edge of a discovery that excited and scared her. She gulped water and gathered her wandering wits. As she stored the scrolls, she rubbed the ones he'd touched over her lips. The scent of him lingered and filled her with longing.
     Thanks be to Hathor. He wants me. He holds my heart in his warrior hands. She prayed he wouldn't crush it. May he spend the day with thoughts of me. Tonight, she thought and returned to her work.
     When she reached her sleeping room, she found Tiy pacing. "What's wrong, little sister?"
     "That Nefru."
     "What has she done?"
     "Banished me from taking the evening meal in the large hall. Just because Intef smiled and remarked on my skill with a bow. Since I don't behave like a lady, I must eat in the small hall. Then, when she heard Father had left Mermeshu with you, she spat like an angry cat."
     Seshat shook her head. "I fear Nefru desires a life of unhappiness."
     Tiy sat on Seshat's sleeping couch. "What did Mermeshu do? What did he say?"
     "He examined the harvest tallies." She would keep his words and caresses secret.
     "That's all? I saw the hungry look in his eyes last night. He left the garden soon after you. I hid in the bushes and watched Nefru and Intef. She rubbed his body and kissed his man thing. Put it in her mouth. He made funny noises. Then he acted like a babe and suckled her breasts. He pulled her robe up and did things to her private parts. She moaned and cried for Mermeshu."
     Seshat grasped Tiy's arms. "You shouldn't spy." She walked to the door. Tiy followed her to the bathing room. "I'll eat the evening meal with you."
     "And miss being with the guests?" Tiy asked.
     To spend the lengthy meal time in Mermeshu's presence might make her
betray herself. "They have come to see Father. After we eat, I'll help you with the harp."
     "Good." Nefru rose from the couch where her maid had oiled her body. "An important decision should be reached this evening." Her sly cat's smile didn't hide the hatred in her eyes. "When Father dies, Seshat, beware your fate. You have no kin to protect you. Tiy will be my handmaiden. You will be my slave." She caressed her breasts. "Mermeshu will be mine. Intef said the Commander of the Army finds me most pleasing."
     Seshat turned away. Nefru was clever at finding ways to gain her desires. Would she steal Mermeshu's love?

No comments: