Friday, September 21, 2018

Friday's Guest Rosemary Morris On Writing #MFRWAuthor #BWLPublishing #Plotter #Panster


1.                  Are you a panster or a plotter or perhaps a bit of both?

I write meticulously researched romantic historical fiction. Historical non-fiction often gives me an idea for a plot. While engaged in mundane tasks such as stacking the dish washer or  hanging out laundry I consider possibilities, but I don’t plot my novels in detail.

Which comes first - characters or plot for you?

A rough idea for a plot comes first, but until I have chosen the main characters names and filled in their detailed character profiles I can’t begin writing the novel.

What are you working on now? Is this a book in a current series or something totally new?

I am writing Friday’s Child, Heroines Born on Different Days of the Week Book 6, a romantic historical set in the ever-popular Regency era. (The heroines’ stories are not continuations of previous books in the series.)

4. Do you have some kind of object or place that figures in most of your books? I use gems a lot, hospitals and caves.

Places, costume and food figure in all novels.

I visit and research places of historical interest and use the information to create places where my fictional characters exist. I also describe their clothes and the food they eat  – something which is praised in reviews of my novels.


5. Do you write every day or just when the spirit hits?

I wish I had the luxury of writing when the spirit hits, but if I did I would procrastinate and, maybe, never finish a novel.

Friday’s Child will be published in June 2019 so I must submit it to my publisher by the 1st of May. To complete the novel and have time to research, I write between 6 a.m and 10 a.m. every day, and deal with matters relating to writing from approximately 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.  It’s hard but very rewarding work.

6. Where can we find you? You can find me at:



https;//bwlpublishing.ca/authors/morris-rosemary-romance-historical-uk


No comments: