Monday, December 4, 2017

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #Poem #Writing

Meander 1  Poem - A Child and Death

We took hr to the funeral home
This little child of four
To see her friend before he left
And was gone forevermore.

With hesitation we entered
Not knowing what she'd say.
She slowly approached the coffin
In which her good friend lay.

She stood there for a few moments
And they she turned aside
Went to his wife and took her hand.
"I'm sorry that he died."

He looks asleep, he doesn't hurt
He did when we played games.
But he's not there. He's gone away
He doesn't look the same.

She walked again to the coffin
To take another look
She touched his hand - a gentle caress
And then walked to the door.

Meander 2 - The Last Rose of Summer - I have this ugly rose bush. It's really not a bush just sort of straggly shoots. The leaves are few even in lush summer. But roses bloom from May and through the summer. This year, my ugly rose bush outdid itself for there is a dying rose as November becomes December.

Meander 3 - Writing. The new book is going well and the rough draft is gaining words as I type in each chapter as I finish writing them. I'm up to Chapter seven out of twelve. Of course there's a lot to do before I reach the point of becoming il if I read through and correct one more time.

No comments: