Monday, September 19, 2016

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #poetry #College #writing


Meander 1 - Poem -College Registration

Today I met a nun in drag
-Wearing people clothes.
I frightened her.
Three novels published.
I didn't mention
Eight short stories.
Maybe it was awe.
How can that be - awed by me.
I'm simple, meek and mild.
Supermom in disguise - really woman .
Show me a telephone booth.
I want to be a student.
I'm not famous - not even a little
Just because they put me in those books
Plus eight short stories - just determination.
Three books - just my luck.
The company is out of business now.
I don't want to be expected
Or to be an expert.
I just want to write.
I'm afraid of college now.
I might have to be Superman.

Meander 2 - Too many things to do. That's how I feel today. There are some thirty or more books to re-format and at least 2 drafted to write. Writing isn't the only thing that's too much. Laundry to finish and fold. I've been living out of a laundry basked for a week. At least i don't have to cook dinner tonight and that's a plus. Tomorrow comes heading to the farm for corn and tomatoes and on Thursday signing books at the farmer's market up town. Plus I need my hair trimmed and more blue. The blue is gone and the place where I must travel is far. Will schedule that soon, I hope.

Meander 3 - Writing - Am busy working on Past Betrayals - Past Loves and that's revising as I type. There are still at least a hundred pages or more to type. This is a long book. Would love to have it finished by the end of the year since I also have to work on new story Cancer-Capricorn Connection. I will persevere.

No comments: