Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Tuesday's Inspiration - Jealousy #MFRWauthor


Once again we look at the voices in your head and come upon one that really isn't a good one for you to feel. Jealousy. This voice makes you feel like what you are doing has no value. Look at how Writer A and Writer B are doing. Why can't you do the same? They must have some kind of trick. Surely they aren't better writers than you. How did A or B manage to hit a "best seller list" when you are struggling to gain readers? Slowly your confidence tanks.

How can you overcome this? You could be supportive of writer A or B and this might help for awhile but that nagging voice keeps crying "This should be me."

What I do is constantly remind myself that I write what I like to read. I enjoy writing and if other people are more successful, sure it hurts for a moment but I will continue writing the best as I can. There are some people who begin making nasty remarks about the successful writer. I never want to become one of them. My advice is to keep writing and enjoying what you are writing. Remember the person you must show your own success is you.

No comments: