Friday, March 27, 2015

Friday - New Release- Temple of Fyre

Since my guest didn't send her material, I'll take today to write about Temple of Fyre first in the Island of Fyre series.

Driven from the Temple, stoned, and left for dead when she defies the High Priestess Malera, Ria’s one thought is to find a way to stop the woman’s evil reign of terror.

To succeed she needs Ari, the Seeker who rescued her. Ari teaches her the way to build fire within and bonds with her body to body…and then seeks her heart.

I began the book when asked to write a book with fire as a central theme. While mulling over the story as I was headed for bed, I came up with the idea of fyrestones. Suddenly I thought of the colors of fire. Yellow, orange, red, white and occasionally blue are seen in a flame. Thus the stones had a color. I moved on to deciding on their power and strength. The heroine came next and during the writing of the book the hero appeared. Ria and Ari are the hero and heroine. His name came first and then for hers I rearranged the letters. Only one of my critique partners caught this subtle play on words. Since my hero and heroine must bond in body, heart and spirit I thought this was appropriate.


    Just re-released. Fantasy romance

2 comments:

Kimbra Kasch said...

Love the idea of colored stones setting the scene :D

Janet Lane Walters said...

Thanks for stopping by. This was a fun book to write