Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sunday's Book - A Double Opposition by Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #Books We Love



In Books We Love's "A Double Opposition" by Janet Lane Walters, Nursing supervisor Liz Jordan’s life is hectic. With twin sons who have never known their father, a new job and her reliable sitter moving to Florida, she has no time for love. Her new job allows her to move her boys from the city to a safer environment. At least she hopes so but an older neighbor boy brings trouble. Add widower Alex Carter, neurosurgeon and the hospital’s most eligible bachelor and the problems escalate. Can she afford to admit she’s found love a second time? Can he when he believes his first marriage was perfect?

Review:


Double Opposition is an amazing book that I would recommend for any reader. It has so much to offer…a great hero and heroine, very well developed secondary characters, sexual tension, suspense…oh and let’s not forget the evil Delores and her son who you will dislike immediately. The story is a perfect mix of all the things we want in a good book. From Road to Romance by Jennifer Ray

4.0 out of 5 stars It was good! December 29, 2011
Format:Kindle Edition|Verified Purchase
O.K. it was free... I like free... but honestly, there are free books that aren't worth the read! This had a decent story, I was intrigued by the supporting characters to look and see if their stories were available on Amazon for my Kindle... The plot was interesting, the characters engaging... I wish they were fleshed out just a little more, but this wasn't a long story (more novella length) so that was expected. The author is obviously in the health care field, and the fact that this took place in a hospital setting was more than just a plot device. Glad I downloaded it, and would read it again for fun...
3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely! December 27, 2011
Format:Kindle Edition|Verified Purchase
'Double Opposition" is an enjoyable read. The author has nicely weaved in the hospital nursing staff dynamics. When I read about Dr Alex's undecipherable handwriting and his pushback to use computers, it bubbled up for me fun memories and laughter. Alex's habit to "speak first, then think", not understanding women from his Mars lookout, and the energy of the 9 year old twins is reality. I am going to buy more of Janet's books. 

By tonileg
Format:Kindle Edition|Verified Purchase
This is Liz and Jeff's love story. This is a contemporary medical romance novel. I did like that this was well written and edited. Liz and Jeff both have the same disease, living-in-the-past-itis. I know that I had the disease some years after my big break-up with my childhood love so I understand how easy it is to live in memories instead of stepping out of your comfort zone and taking a chance with someone new.
There are some nasty nurses (not what you're thinking, you naughty readers, more like backstabbers) that try to gum up the romance but luckily they have a good support network of family and friends to figure out quickly who is a liar and you is innocent. There is one sexy evening but this is definitely romance and not erotica.
The twins are human children so flawed and back-talkers, but they are good kids. There is a secondary story about the twins and a bad influence in the neighborhood. It pushed to the story along.
I enjoyed the story and it picked up my otherwise boring evening. Thank you Ms. Janet Walters for a lovely evening, next time the wine is on me :) Maybe I'll see you around with another great read. 

No comments: