Friday, March 20, 2015

Friday Juli D. Revezzo talking about Heroe s, Heroines, Villains #MFRWauthor

1. Do you write a single genre or do your fingers flow over the keys creating tales in many forms? Does your reading choices reflect your writing choices? Are there genres you wouldn’t attempt?

I write in whatever the story demands--so I've written paranormal fantasy as well as romance and even tried high fantasy. That one's still in my computer! Changeling's Crown is fantasy (or fairy tale, if you will) romance.
 
2. Heroes, Heroines, Villains. Which are your favorite to write? Does one of these come easy and why?
I prefer writing honorable characters so that tends to lean toward heroes and heroines, so that comes easiest for me. Writing from a bad guy's point of view is challenging. I don't like getting in an evil person's head *shudder* much.
 
3. Heroes. How do you find them? Do pictures, real life or plain imagination create the man you want every reader to love? Do they come before the plot or after you have the idea for the story?
Usually they start in my imagination and I have to go hunt down a picture (if someone asks for one) later. As far as the story, they'll show up telling me all about their world and its problems. 
 
4. Heroines. How do you find them? Do pictures, real life or imagination create the woman you want the reader to root for? Do they appear before the plot or after you have the idea for the story?
 
They come the same as the heroes, usually with the world in hand going "Look at this! What can we do about this????"
5. Villains or villainesses or an antagonist, since they don’t always have to be the bad guy or girl. They can be a person opposed to the hero’s or heroine’s obtaining their goal. How do you choose one? How do you make them human?
 
Depending on how human my villain is, he's usually got the same type of problems we all do, he just has a more twisted view of how to deal with them. Most people, when they get angry about something or someone don't immediate lean to killing them. My villains, yeah, jump right for the weapons.
6. What is your latest release? Who is the hero, heroine and or the villain?
 
My latest release is a new adult fantasy romance entitled CHANGELING'S CROWN. The heroine is a faery godmother-in-training who just can't do anything right. She's given one more chance and sent to a ranch in central Florida to help keep the owners (who are trying to divorce) together; the villain is a colleague of hers who thinks the faery godmother council is giving her far too many chances and preferential treatment. Little does he know why that is....hehe. The hero is a man who works on the ranch our faey godmother is assigned to--on the side. He's got another job--as king of the dark faeries--that ends up surprising the heroine, but he's really a very nice guy despite where he spends half his time.

7. What are you working on now?
 
Believe it or not, I've been very busy these last few months and have several different manuscripts ready to go to my editors: One is a paranormal romance about Celtic water goddess in charge of the sacred mead, and her hero. Another is my first Gothic Romance, as well as the next in my Antique Magic paranormal series.
8. How can people find you?
            Website: http://julidrevezzo.com
            Blog
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/julidrevezzo

            Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/julidrevezzo

1 comment:

Juli D. Revezzo said...

Thanks for having me, Janet! :) I hope you and your readers enjoy Changeling's Crown.