Monday, October 27, 2014

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor


Meander 1 - More on what makes a professional author. If one were to be held to the quota of 20,000 words a year would this push them too hard? This means if one went for words per month, 1667 and that doesn't seem like a lot. If one looked for a weekly total of words written that would mean 385. Doesn't seem impossible at least to me. So let's look at the daily total of words and it comes to 55 words a day. All new words, of course. I really think there are other factors that go into being a professional writer and one of them is being published. Whether short stories, novellas or full length books being published is where it's at and until one is published I don't think the number of new words really means a thing.

Meander 2 - Reading for contests can be the pits. I've finished my chores for the time and must finish with the scores. Then there will be 2 more rounds and also 2 more contests to judge. One is great since there are only three pages to critique and a really good score sheet to put yes or no in. The other is to read and rate.

Meander 3 My wroting. Am doing the last draft of Pursuing Michael West MD and am starting on the next of the dream books - Divided Dreams. Always good to finish a book and to begin again. Pursuing is a re-write of a book that sold well as a novella but I cringed when I saw all the beginner mistakes in the book. The passive voice now is standing around 1% and may go to 2 or 3 but never the 20 % I began with, I will have added about 6000 words making this a longer novella or a short book. We will see.

No comments: