Saturday, April 27, 2013

Saturday's Excerpt Three's A Crowd by Melissa Keir


Blurb:


For Lissa, the second time at love was a charm but in marriage, three’s a crowd.



Single mother Lissa Vincent found her soul mate in her best friend’s ex-husband. Alex Hunter couldn’t believe his fortune when his ex-wife told him her best friend was available. After divorce, finding love again could be a challenge but it appeared Alex and Lissa had gotten lucky. Yet as they start their lives as newlyweds, Alex and Lissa don’t realize just how difficult it might be to blend a family.



When Alex’s ex new marriage begins to unravel, she sets her sights again on Alex. Does Alex still have feelings for the mother of his child? Will Lissa keep her best friend or lose her husband?



Fairytales promise a happily-ever-after. But what really happens after the after.



Excerpt:





When my cell phone rings. I look down.

It’s Steve and I don’t want to answer. I’m on a date with my husband. The children are safe with Steve. I—we—deserve this time together. Pushing the off button, I ignore the call.

“Was that Steve?”

Alex understands my dilemma. Steve has anger issues and isn’t happy that I’ve remarried. The phone rings again.

“I’ll call him back later.”

I cut a small piece of beef burgundy from my plate and lift it gently to Alex’s lips. Feeding each other is a very sensual experience. My legs tingle watching his tongue dart out to catch a drop of sauce lingering on his mouth. I reach across the table to run my thumb over his lips then pull his face close to mine in search of a passionate kiss.

When my phone rings for the third time, I know it must be important.

“Hello?”

“Scotty and Mac were playing around when Scotty tripped and fell, hitting his head on the corner of the door frame to his room. We’re on our way to the urgent care. He probably needs stitches.”

“Which urgent care are you going to? I can meet you there.” My stomach clenches in anxiety.

I obtained all the details while Alex paid the bill and had our food wrapped to go. We rushed out into the night, our romantic evening ruined, fright replacing passion.

Guilt began to eat at me. Why didn’t I answer the phone sooner? How was Scotty handling things? What kind of parent was I to put myself over my child? Alex seemed to understand what I was feeling and reached over to hold my hand. Without saying a word, his touch made me feel better.





Bio:

As a writer, Melissa likes to keep current on topics of interest in the world of writing. She’s a member of the Romance Writers of America and EPIC. Melissa is always interested in improving her writing through classes and seminars. She also believes in helping other authors and features authors and their books on her blog.

Melissa doesn’t believe in down time. She’s always keeping busy. Melissa is a wife and mother, an elementary school teacher, a book reviewer, an editor for a publishing company as well as an author. Her home blends two families and is a lot like the Brady Bunch, without Alice- a large grocery bill, tons of dirty dishes and a mound of laundry. She loves to write stories that feature “happy endings” and is often found plotting her next story.

This is what readers are saying about Melissa’s books:

Amazon 5 star review for Second Time’s the Charm- “Such a sweet and heart warming story. As I read it, and the details unfolded, I was engrossed to see if that I thought was going to happen, would really happen.” – Lacey Wolfe, Romance Author.

Barnes and Nobel 5 star review for Protecting His Wolfe- “Great read. I couldn't put it down. I really liked the characters, especially Betsie and the Pigg brothers. A love story with suspense and surprise.” – Anonymous



Melissa loves hearing from readers!

www.melissakeir.com

http://www.facebook.com/melissaakeir

http://www.facebook.com/AuthorMelissaKeir (fan page)

www.twitter/melissa_keir

2 comments:

Melissa Keir said...

Thank you again for having me! You are so welcoming! :)

Janet Lane Walters said...


Enjoy getting to know other authors and in reading their work.