Monday, April 15, 2013

Meandering on Monday with Janet Lane Walters #amwriting #amreading


Last week I learned something that I hope I won't repeat. Do not do two shopping trips in a single day. This I did on Friday and found I was titally brain-fried when I returned home and did little more than post my blogs and stare at the plank pages. This was compounded by a Saturday spent at a meeting plus dinner out. Saturday was a writing bust. Scheduling one's days should be simple especially when one is a writer. So from now on, I'll try to manage my time better. Will it work? Hopefully but there are no guarantees.

I've been doing a lot of reading and sometimes the books drive me crazy. I'm of the school that if you've started it you should finish the book. Problem is with the ereader there is a problem for me. When I find a print book I'm struggling to avoid, I can go and read the last few chapters and then put the book aside. Though I could do this with an ereader, if I find the end makes the book interesting or if I'm trying to figure how the writer reached the end when the story seems to have taken a right degree angle, finding where I left off is hard and nearly impossible. Not sure there's a way to do this but perhaps I will work on it.

As to writing. I'm working on a draft of what is now Shattered Dreams. I'll come to the end of it soon and will put it aside for a time before I start doing the last two drafts. This is the time for deciding what I've left out or skimmed over. Each scene must be developed to the fullest. Then I will try to make sense of the timeline of what is now Goddesses of Er. and start the rough draft of the second Moonchild story. Probably not this week but soon.

No comments: