Monday, March 21, 2011

21 March - Week behind and week ahead

Spring came yesterday and winter returned today. All right it's March when anything can and does happen. That's also the way it goes with writing. Just had a release Jewels of the Quill Anthology is now available. Struggled over this story which is a Repunzel take except it's the prince who ends up in the Amber Tower. Story was kind of a struggle to make this a romance since my mind wasn't working that way but with several edits the romance came about. Sometimes one has to listen to editors.

Writing during the past week was a bit slower than usual. Having to rejoin a story after a week's absence can take a bit of time but I'm on target now and hopefully this book will be done soon. This brought up something I find interesting. Are novellas really books. They are fictional stories but I don't count them as books. One of my publishers is going to release three novellas in print and I wonder if they will be together or they will be separate. June will make me their featured author and of this I'm very glad. It's nice to be featured. But that's in the future.

This week on the blog I'll be as usual still doing Inspired by Bird by Bird and by Becoming Your Own Critique Partner. That's Tuesday and Friday. Wednesday there will be more on Plot Development still on the opening chapter or so. Saturday will find the remainder of Chapter one of Whispers Out of Yesteryear. That's book 19 for First Chapter Saturday. Thursday's interview will be with Anne K. Albert a fellow Vanilla Heart author.

Then I'll start asking those people I met at EPICon and told about the blog. I collected cards and there is an eclectic selection of authors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The spring/winter tease happened here as well. Sad. Always enjoy your blog. Keep up the good work.
Liz Arnold
Message to Love
The Wild Rose Press