Monday, August 11, 2014

Meandering On Monday With Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor


Meander 1 - Off to a slow start today. After being up at 6 AM for over a week, slept in today. Not sure I feel any more rested. Unfortunately, the bright sun shines in the bedroom window and tells me I'm lazy for staying in bed. Last night I decided to sleep on my side away from the window. Maybe that's the trick. Who knows.

Meander 2 - Am gearing up for contest judging season. Actually the season began a few weeks ago but usually these times are often back to back This year there was a short break. I enjoy judging contests. Those featuring writers who are striving to become published are interesting, but so are those with published books. Questions I always ask myself in either contest is first of all would I buy this book and second do they have the particular thing that drives me crazy. That's the It was sentence and also the number of times non-specific words too often.

Meander 3 - My writing is going at a steady pace to finish Toth's Priest and now I'm doing the draft that expands the scenes I sort of skimmed over, ignoring things like character's reactions. Actions are easy but how a character responds to something is very important. Just finished an interview that will come out on the 20th of this month and will feature Amber Chronicles, a collection that just arrived in print. That's sort of exciting since the book will be available to be ordered in stores. Will see what I can do to promote this story. The cover is really wonderful. This story is interesting in that the character starts out as the rather evil one and ends up the romantic heroine. Though romances, only the villainess/heroine gets a depicted love scene. The other stories are sort of takes on fairy tales but done in my manner.

No comments: