Friday, June 17, 2022

Friday Linda O Connor is visiting and talking about Who She Was Before #MFRWAuthor #Doctor #medical #romance #hockey

 

Day 1

1. What were you before you became an author? Did this influence your choices as a writer?

I’m a physician, and I balance writing with my work at an Urgent Care Centre. I started writing because I wanted to find a fun way to disseminate medical information and to educate and empower readers to take ownership of their health, so it definitely does influence my choice of characters and plots. I try to weave the best parts of medicine into my stories! I also talk to people for a living, so I feel I have an easier time writing engaging dialogue, and I hear about a whole array of people’s experiences, which gives depths to my characters. My experiences – like delivering a baby when I didn’t expect to – have shown up in my stories, too!

 

 

 

2. Are you genre specific or general? I don’t mean major genres but subdivisions or romance, mystery or paranormal.

I write romantic comedies because I love being in a fun headspace when I’m writing. Laughter is essential to great health and nothing is better than a happily-ever-after ending. Most of my characters are doctors and the stories are medical romances. I incorporated doctors into a sexy hockey series called In the Game Hockey Romance, and my latest series, Laugh-out-Loud Hockey Caper Romance is a bit of an unusual genre in that the female characters are all doctors, the men are pro hockey players, and all the stories have an element of white-collar crime mystery – like a fun cozy mystery without a murder! This latest series are kisses-only, sweet with heat romances.

 

 

3. What is your latest release?

 My latest release is Love and the Hockey Heist. It’s the second book in the Laugh-out-Loud Hockey Caper Romance series. It starts out with the theft of a treasured travel alarm clock, which triggers a hilarious series of events when Dr. Piper Roblin tries to steal it back! It involves a fake engagement with popular pro hockey player, Brent Dean. The theft of a travel alarm clock is based on a real-life experience of mine. I never did get it back, but turns out, it’s a fun premise for a story.

 

4. What are you working on now?

I’m working on the third story of the Laugh-out-Loud Hockey Caper Romance series. Lately, I’ve discovered how to make my own covers and marketing ads on Canva, and I’m having fun putting those together, too. 

 

5. Do your reading choices influence your choice of a writing career?

I think they do. I enjoy reading cozy mysteries, but I don’t like the thought of killing off characters so I decided to write a white-collar crime mystery with fun twists and turns. I also love humorous stories like the Andy Carpenter series or books written by Sophie Kinsella, Marne Davis Kellogg, Ruth Reichl or Graeme Simsion.  

 

 

6. Where can we find you?

I love to connect with readers. You can find me here:

Website & Blog:  https://www.lindaoconnor.net

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/LindaOConnorAuthor

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/LindaOConnor98

Amazon Author Page:  https://www.amazon.com/Linda-OConnor/e/B00S7CNLEA

Newsletter Sign up: https://www.lindaoconnor.net/contact/

Instagram   https://www.instagram.com/LindaOConnorAuthor/

 

 

1 comment:

Linda O'Connor said...

Thanks so much for hosting me and putting my new releases in the spotlight!