The book I’d like to feature is my Christmas time travel romance novella, The Christmas Kiss. It tells the story of Annabelle O’Sullivan, a governess, who accidently goes through a crack in time and ends up in modern day Vermont with no idea how she got there, how to get home or how to survive in this strange time.
2. Where did the idea arise?
I was going through the Downton Abby series for the umpteenth time and I wanted to do a story about someone from 1925 coming to our time. The rest of the story just flowed from there.
3. How much research was involved? Did you stay on point or be distracted by wanting to look at just one more thing?
I researched what things were like in 1925, from life in a manor house to the popular music and books of the time. I really got lost in the fashions and had to drag myself away.
4. How long did you take to write the book?
It took a little over two months to write the book.
5. Now a bit about you. How long have you been writing? What is your Sun Sign?
I’ve been writing since elementary school, short stories and poems. My first book was published in 2014. My sun sign is Cancer.
6. Do you write in a number of genres of stick to one?
I write time travel romance, paranormal romance, futuristic romance, supernatural suspense, and I’m currently working on romantic suspense.
7. Where on the internet can you be found?
Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/author/augustinavanhoven
BookBub page: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/augustina-van-hoven
Newsletter sign up: https://augustinavanhoven.com/join-newsletter/