What Were You Before
1. What were you before you became an author? I have been a teacher most of my professional life—K-6, then reading specialist, then 20 years as a college professor. Did this influence your choices as a writer? I began writing seriously with a group of colleagues when I was a reading specialist exploring our students’ writing process. So, yes, that group started me off!
2. Are you genre-specific or general? I don’t mean major genres but subdivisions or romance, mystery, or paranormal. I have published nonfiction books in my professional role, but I also write romance, two series - Morgan’s Run and Morgan’s Fire -- and mysteries. My two mystery series are-- Ricky Steele mysteries and the Roger and Bess mysteries—and I have published several stand alone titles in both genres. I’ve also published one work of YA historical fiction “Song of the Spirit”.
3. What is your latest release? Greta’s Goat, # 6 in the Morgan’s Fire romance series.
4. What are you working on now? Two books - “A Horseshoe Crab Cove Christmas” A Christmas book in the Morgan’s Fire romance series, and Lady Luck (#5 of the Ricky Steele books).
5. Do your reading choices influence your choice of a writing career? Somewhat. I’m kind of an eclectic reader, but I do love mysteries and women’s fiction. I am drawn to stories about families and friends who support one another no matter what.