Friday, August 20, 2021

Friday Robecca Austin is Visiting and Talking about Who She Was Before #MFRWAutor #Finance #Historical #Contemporary #billionaires

 

1.      What were you before you became an author? Did this influence your choice as a writer?

I was in the financial industry. I don’t think it influenced my writing choice but made me enjoy being creative even more. After long days at work, I got to come home and create. Write whatever I want. I may even bury the finance manager. But not to worry, I write light and fluffy happy ever after romance.

 

2.      Are you genre specific or general?

 

For as long as I could remember, I enjoyed reading romance novels. More specifically, historical romance. You know those dime novels or novelettes that you can read in a single sitting – yes! Those books. Those were the books readily available to me growing up. So it was only natural that I started out writing historical romance. I mean, dashing earls! What’s not to love.

 

Lately, I’ve also fallen in love with billionaire contemporary romance. It’s exciting to put a new twist on my favorite tropes, and I love strong heroes and heroines.

 

3.      What is your latest release?

 

My latest release is, Courted, An enemies to lovers billionaire romance. Courted is the first in a three-part series featuring the billionaire brothers of Wheelcaster. It also happens to be my debut in contemporary romance.

 

It was so much fun writing Heath and Latricia’s story. Their personalities were the opposite. Yet, they want the same things, have the same values. They challenged me to dig deeper as a writer.

 

4.      What are you working on now?

 

This is a loaded question. I’m currently working on books two and three in the Wheelcaster series. But I have plot bunnies that can’t seem to sit still!

 

Is it horrid that I also love those bunnies? Well, I do!

 

Thanks to numerous ideas, I’m also working on a contemporary holiday novella called, The Christmas Gift, slated to release in November. What is fun about this story is that it’s part of a twelve-book collection with other amazing authors. If you enjoy reading curvy heroines, you might enjoy these stories. And of course, my guy is an alpha-roll (all alpha but sweet on the inside).

 

5.      Does your reading choice influence your choice of a writing career?

 

In some ways, it did. Reading historical romance steered me towards writing historical romance. If I had started reading mystery or suspense, I would probably have started writing in a different genre.

But when it comes to a writing career, I’d like to think I would have gotten here eventually. My childhood wasn’t the smoothest. Because of Cystic Fibrosis, I spent lots of time being sick, even more so as a young adult. And so, my escape was reading and writing in notebooks.

 

6.      Where can we find you?

 

If you like chatting and interacting, join my growing reader group on Facebook. My newsletters go out monthly. They include everything from my writing works in progress,  updates to books,  other authors, and so much more. I can’t wait to meet you!

 

Social media links:

Website: https://www.robeccaaustin.com 

Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/robeccaaustin/

Historical Newsletter: https://tinyurl.com/ezc8nm9z

Contemporary Newletter: https://tinyurl.com/yd4mbvcr

 

No comments: