1. Are you a panster or a plotter or perhaps a bit of both?
I'm strictly a panster. I plotted once and wrote out the heart of the book and then couldn't write a single word.
2. Which comes first - characters or plot for you?
Always the character leads the story.
3. What are you working on now? Is this a book in a current series or something totally new?
I'm getting my series Chronicles of Arcon self-published. It's a long series. Three shorts books in the mini-series (which starts off the series where the Arcon have to leave their planet and then finally getting to Earth) and twelve in the main series starting with Alien Desire and Alien Heart (both are set here on Earth). I originally had Alien Heart first in the main series, but Alien Desire started just a few months earlier in the timeline, so I switching these two around.
4. Do you have some kind of object or place that figures in most of your books? I use gems a lot, hospitals, and caves.
In my Windswept Shores, two book series it was shells and my heroine was always weaving something. In my Matrix Crystal series, it was rocks, crystals, caves, and mines. I also have the ocean in both series. I'm not sure about Chronicles of Arcon. Each book is vastly different.
5. Do you write every day or just when the spirit hits?
I used to write every day and wrote crazy fast. I literally wore the letters off my keyboard. However, over a span of two years, three deaths rocked my family, I got hit by Writer's Block. I still write, but it is so slow now. It's really hard to get the words down. Luckily, I have all my books in my Chronicles of Arcon written. I just have to revise or polish them. Some just need an editor.
6. Where can we find you?
My website: https://janice-seagraves.org/
7. Who are your favorite authors? What about a book you’ve enjoyed?
Jim Butcher (urban fantasy), P.C. Hodgell (high fantasy), and Anne McCaffrey (science fiction).
I just finished reading: The Traitor God and God of Broken Things (fantasy). both are by Cameron Johnston. I enjoyed them very much.