Monday, January 13, 2020

Meandering on Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWAuthor #BWLAuthor #Poem #Promises #Writing

Meander 1  Poem - Broken Promises --

A pale glittering glass bowl dangles
Turning, reflecting rainbows in the rays from the sun.
Like the pale circle moon poised low at night.
Echoes the sun, a nimbus counterfeit.
Enticing bubbles both, call the hand
And tip-toe stand to touch a spherical mirage
Suspended out of grasp. The votive ring
Revolves to evoke a hypnotic state.
Brush the ice cold token sphere. Before your
Eyes find shattered shards acutely pressed into
While desolated ragged rocks
Penetrate the promise. Swallow shattered glass.

Meander 2 The World - I'm not really one who comments much on politics but lately events have made me angry. The amount of hatred fomenting in the air bothers me. I see such intolerance for others and how to change this seems impossible, especially when many of our leaders are those reving the hate and the distance of one person from another. Let's hope matters will change without more war,murders and intolerances.

Meander 3 Writing. Rough Draft is progressing. So far I haven't hit much of a snag. There is a lot to fix when I finish the rough draft. My characters seem to be existing in a vacuum or one that's barely shown clearly. That will come in time.

No comments: