Monday, December 21, 2015

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #poetry #Solstice


Meander 1 - Poem today is called Harbinger and is perhaps tongue in cheek.

Harbinger

She comes into the room.
A nurse in a white uniform.
Fading smile on tigthtened lips,
A sideways galnce.
A measurement - perhaps
Of how you'd fit a coffin.
Her fingers with brightened tips-
Talons- blooded with red bright polish.
A floral scent pervades the room.
The whole garden come inside
To test your lings.
Her face - a painted mask.
And fluttering eyelashes
Flick her glance on everything but you.
Cousin of Florence Nightengale
Perhaps
But surely daughter to Sairy Gamp.

Meander 2 - Solstice. Today is the say when the days grow longer and brighter. I try on this day to meditate on what I want for the next year. Sometimes I recieve what I desire and sometimes not. Still it's good to think of the future and of brighter days when the light lingers until evening and until the next solstice when the sun starts to fade.

Meander 3 - Writing - I have finally begun the final look through Wizards and hope to have it finished before January 10th. Then I will be working on a friend's book and two of the ones I plan to re-release. One is done completely and the other one a third. Once the covers are done I'll be sending them off with the blurbs and other stuff to my publisher. Then there are four more of these novellas to do and one big book and another pulbisher will be gone. Sorry to do this but it's best at this stage in my life to have all my books in one place.

No comments: