Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Tuesday's Inspiration - Those Twisted Writer's Minds

More on what makes a writer's minds. Of course not all of these are present in every writer but many of them are and they combine to make each writer unique. So here goes some more of the traits. I really like the first one

Eidetic  recall or visual memory - This I feel is very important since it means when you lose that paragraph, the writer can sit back and recall what he wrote or write it better and another is to bring the view the place you last saw and to put it on paper. This is valuable. I have the first and not always the second. Settings are hard for me while remembering what I wrote months ago is easy.

Now we get into another trait. Oral or anal fixation.  Some writers are excessive eaters, drinkers, smokers and chatterers. I've suffered from at least the eating and at one time the smoking. On the other hand some writers are excessively neat. This seldom happens when I write. It's sort of like organized chaos. I know where everything is but do not move it.

So that's the inspiration for today and hopefully one of these days I will finish this part and move on to other attributes for the author to strive to obtain. Especially if this computer will start working the way I want it to work.

1 comment:

Melissa Keir said...

You nailed me to a T! I used to remember exactly where the information was in my notes. I only write so that I don't eat.