Monday, January 13, 2014

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters


Meander 1 At a meeting on Saturday I heard some interesting thoughts on piracy of ebooks and I shook my head. "You can't stop it," one person said. "Why fight it." she added. Another person said she felt insulted when one of her books wasn't pirated because she felt she hadn't arrived as a writer. A third comment was that people who pirated weren't going to buy your book. Perhaps this is true but they also pass your book along to other people who might have bought the book. What bothers me about this is what if someone stole their credit card or even the change from their purse. Would they give the same excuses?  I'm not sure what the answer is but to me theft is theft.

Meander 2 Winter. This has been an interesting winter. The snow was lovely when it came and great when it melted. What I really hated were those few days of bitter temperatures. They aren't good for old bones. And my bones are getting old. Of course there is summer and the temperatures could soar. Guess Spring and Autumn are my favorite seasons.

Meander 3 Writing is moving ahead on Melodic Dreams and one of these days I'll be able to ship it off. Ideas are happening for the fourth of the MoonChild series and I've also some thoughts for the fifth. So we will see what happens as I move ahead. Besides finishing a dreft of Melodic I'll be blocking out the one with a Gemini hero but there is no title yet. Need one to reflect the duality of Gemini.

No comments: