Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Tuesday - Barbara White Daille Talking about a new release #MFRWAuthor #romance #rancher #Daughter #aunt

 

1. Tell me about your latest release or the book you wish to feature? Genre?

 

A Rancher’s Pride is a sweet, short contemporary romance set in a small Southwestern town. It originally stood alone, but the characters and setting drew readers in, and three other books followed, becoming the Flagman’s Folly series.

 

Confession time: I love all the books I’ve written, all the heroes and heroines and their relatives and friends, but have to admit A Rancher’s Pride holds a special place in my heart.

 

The story opens with a solitary rancher’s first meeting with the daughter he never knew he had. Sam immediately falls for four-year-old Becky, who should have been calling him “Daddy” long ago. The appearance of Becky’s beloved Aunt Kayla threatens his chances of getting custody as Becky has been deaf from birth, and while Kayla is a sign language teacher who helped raise her niece, Sam can’t communicate with his own child.

 

His Whole World Is In Her Hands

 

Sam Robertson’s life just changed. In one short day, he found out that he’s a daddy; that his beautiful little girl, Becky, is deaf; and that her aunt, sign language teacher Kayla Ward, intends to fight him for custody.

 

There are plenty of reasons Sam shouldn’t fall for Kayla. A city girl like her has no place on his ranch, particularly when she’s his ex-wife’s gorgeous sister. But thanks to the judge’s orders, Sam’s spending a lot of time with Kayla, trying to give Becky the stable home she’s never known.

 

Despite their ongoing custody battle, Sam and Kayla’s love for Becky brings them closer than they ever expected, and Sam knows that no matter who wins in court, he could still lose—Kayla or his daughter.

 

Find the book:

 

Amazon  http://bit.ly/Amazon-ARanchersPride-BarbaraWhiteDaille 
B&N  http://bit.ly/BN-ARanchersPride-BarbaraWhiteDaille
Harlequin  http://bit.ly/Harlequin-ARanchersPride-BarbaraWhiteDaille
Books-A-Million  http://bit.ly/BAM-ARanchersPride-BarbaraWhiteDaille
Kobo  https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/a-rancher-s-pride      

2. Where did the idea arise?

 

I’ve always loved books and knew I’d be a writer someday, and I’ve also always been fascinated by language. After receiving a degree in English, I went on for a second degree in American Sign Language, then settled down into a happy home in writing romance. A few books down the road, an idea came to me that blended all my interests.

 

When my hero, Sam, began speaking to me, it instantly became clear he was facing big trouble. See, thanks to a troubled past, he’s a loner and likes it that way. So to break him out of his shell, I knew somebody was going to have to break his heart.

 

3. How much research was involved? Did you stay on point or be distracted by wanting to look at just one more thing?

 

Not a lot of research with this book. I’d already studied American Sign Language and did use some of it throughout the story—and I still get reader mail about the puppy scene. ;-) But whether I’m looking at language or backstory or technical “stuff,” my goals are to make sure it’s important to the story, filter in the necessary details, and take care that it meshes smoothly into the plot.

 

4. How long did you take to write the book?

 

That’s hard to say as I was working simultaneously on another book and a separate proposal.  But this fell close to what my usual time frame had been, three months give or take, and then another month or so for final read-through and edits.

 

5. Now a bit about you. How long have you been writing?

 

Forever, I think! Really, I first started creating stories around the age of five, even though I couldn’t actually spell much of anything to write them down. My debut “published” short story was a limited edition of one, with an illustrated-by-author cover. This came out when I was in the fourth grade. Other stories followed, then in eighth grade I wrote my first full-length novel, a teen mystery with a romance subplot.

 

6. Do you write in a number of genres of stick to one?

 

I started out submitting short stories and was published in both mystery and romance. Now I’m focused on writing contemporary romance novels with sweet- to lower-sensuality levels. All my books are big on family, quirky characters, and small-town settings and values.

 

7. Where on the internet can you be found?

 

Thanks for asking! Readers can reach me here:

 

Website https://www.barbarawhitedaille.com

Newsletter https://www.barbarawhitedaille.com/newsletter

Facebook http://www.facebook.com/barbarawhitedaille

Twitter https://twitter.com/BarbaraWDaille

BookBub https://www.bookbub.com/authors/barbara-white-daille

 

1 comment:

B said...

Janet - thanks so much for inviting me for a visit.

Readers - I hope you enjoyed the peek at A Rancher's Pride. The four-book series is complete and set in the small town of Flagman's Folly.

I'll look forward to any questions or comments on this post or the one that will be up tomorrow.

Meanwhile, happy reading, always!