Thursday, August 31, 2023

Amber Daulton is visiting and talking about Who She Was Before #MFRWAuthor #Romance #contemporary #time travel #historical #paranormal

 

What Were You Before

 

Day 1

1. What were you before you became an author? Did this influence your choices as a writer?

 

I’ve wanted to be an author since I was twelve years old, but of course, life and responsibilities got in the way. By day, I worked in the dreaded service industry, at restaurants and retail stores. At night, I continued to write and included some of my personal work experiences as back stories and on-page action for my characters.

 

2. Are you genre specific or general? I don’t mean major genres but subdivisions or romance, mystery or paranormal.

 

I’m a romance author, but I don’t stick to just one sub-genre. I write contemporary, suspense, time travel, historical, and paranormal. Currently, I’m focusing my efforts in romantic suspense.

 

3. What is your latest release?

 

Shea O’Bannon and Trevor Madero co-star in Trevor’s Redemption, a steamy romantic suspense novella in my Arresting Onyx series. Onyx is an underground crime organization with a foothold in several American cities, and Trevor is a reluctant, guilt-ridden enforcer among their ranks. Shea is a graphics designer with no clue about her new boyfriend’s gang affiliations, but she knows he’s hiding something from her. The return of his manipulative ex puts their relationship—and their lives—in jeopardy. When his secrets come to light, Trevor and Shea will have to find a way to work together, or kiss their love goodbye.

This brand new book was released on Tuesday, August 22nd, 2023, and it’s only 99 cents until August 29th. You can find it here: https://books.amberdaulton.com/trevorsredemption

 

4. What are you working on now?

 

I’m revising a New Adult Christmas romance for re-release (it’s currently with my publisher, but I’ll get the rights back to it soon), and I’m getting Arresting Alan, book 4 in the Arresting Onyx series, ready for its April 2024 release date.

 

5. Does your reading choices influence your choice of a writing career?

 

Yes, I suppose. I mostly read romance, all sub-genres except Inspirational and poetry, but I have read a few thrillers and mysteries, which makes me want to write those kind of books. My writing schedule is full for the foreseeable future, however, so I probably won’t be dipping my toes into those genres anytime soon.

 

6. Where can we find you?

 

I love hearing from readers. You can visit me through social media here: https://linktr.ee/AmberDaulton or go straight to my website: https://amberdaulton.com.

No comments: