Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Eileen Charbonneau is visiting and talking about her latest release #BWLAuthor #MFRWAuthor #young adult #mystery

 . Tell me about your latest release or the book you wish to feature? Genre? 

My latest is Stolen at the Wildlife Sanctuary, new this summer. It is a YA mystery and the third of my Linda Tassel Mystery series.

 

2. Where did the idea arise? 

My original idea was to write a mystery series based on my love of Nancy Drew but have my heroine look more like me, and NOT have her be a perpetually 16 year old. So Linda is a young Cherokee woman and her boyfriend Tad Gist is a Buffalo born transplant to the South of the 1990s. In the first and second books they were in high school, and in this one they're in college together.

 

3. How much research was involved? Did you stay on point or be distracted by wanting to look at just one more thing?  

Always a danger--getting lost in research.  I can tell you LOTS about Underground Atlanta and its history! For this one I relied on my memories of living in the area and all the things I loved about this vibrant city. I enjoyed delving into Chrokee customs and history too, of course. The sexual harassment of young women in educational environment and colonial attitude elements are, unfortunately, perrenial subjects.

 

4. How long did you take to write the book? 

About 9 months.

 

5. Now a bit about you. How long have you been writing? What is your Sun Sign? 

My first published novel came out in (gulp!) 1988, WAY before most of my current young readers were born! My Sun Sign is Aries.

 

6. Do you write in a number of genres or stick to one? 

I enjoy writing historical novels with good love stories the most, but mysteries are a wonderful challenge to my non-linear brain. And of course, Linda and Tad provide a growing teen aged love story, as well as mystery-solving partnership.

 

7. Where on the internet can you be found? 

websites:  https://bookswelove.net/charbonneau-eileen/


eileencharbonneau.com


twitter: @EileenC1988

Facebook: Eileen Charbonneau Author

Instagram: eileencharbonneau

email: eileencharbonneau@gmail.com

Blogs: http://manituwak.blogspot.com

           https://bwlauthors.blogspot.com

 

 

1 comment:

Eileen Charbonneau said...

Thanks for this great opportunity, Janet.