Friday, October 21, 2022

Friday Eileen Troemel is visiting and talking about being a Panster of a Plotter #MFRWAuthor #Panster #Plotter #Characters #scenes #science fiction

 Panster or Plotter

 
Day 1
 
1. Are you a panster or a plotter or perhaps a bit of both?  I am a panster. I don't plan out anything. I sit down and start typing. Occasionally, I will type out the next few scenes in my story but generally I just type what . 
 
2. Which comes first - characters or plot for you?  It varies. Scenes or characters are usually the start for me. I might see a scene in my head or I could be focused on the character. For Fractured, I knew I was writing a dark romance so I started with a scene. I started with a prison planet with these bad being which are so dangerous. I wanted to build a scene with contrasts. Men working their way through what appears to be a beautiful natural location.   
 
3. What are you working on now? Is this a book in a current series or something totally new?  I've got two series I'm working on. Sacrificed and another one - which I don't have a solid name for yet. Sacrificed to the Sea Monster comes out in December. The second book needs to come out of my head. The other one, I've written the first book and have two more to write. It's an alien story where the humans are trying to negotiate with the T'mbarians. So they bring women who are to be mates wiht T'mbarian males. P'lar had a mate who died and didn't want another mate. Janine hated her life on Earth. She is looking for love but doesn't find it. 
 
 
4. Do you have some kind of object or place that figures in most of your books? I use gems a lot, hospitals and caves.  Not in every story, I like to feature local geography when I can. Wild Magic series has feature. Paranormal Investigators is set in Milwaukee.  
 
5. Do you write everyday or just when the spirit hits? I go in cycles. Usually I do editing for a time and then I'll write for a time and sometimes I'll read for a bit. 
 
6. Where can we find you?   https://linktr.ee/eileentroemel

 
7. Who are your favorite authors? What about a book you’ve enjoyed?   I have never been able to narrow my favorite authors to one. Piers Anthony, Anne McCaffery, JD Robb / Nora Roberts, Suzanne Brockmann, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Shakespeare... What I look for is a story which makes me forget everything else and focus on the story. If the real world drops away, the book has done what it's supposed to. 
 
c

1 comment:

Eileen Troemel said...

Thank you for featuring me on your blog today!