Friday, November 13, 2020

Friday Yvonne Rediger is visiting and talking about Panster or Plotter #BWLAuthor #MFRWAuthor #Panster #Plotter

 

1.      Are you a panster or a plotter or perhaps a bit of both?

 

A bit of both. I do outline my stories. I plot and have a plan to a certain level, but don’t preclude new good ideas from being added to the story. I will also go in a whole new different direction if the original plan isn’t working for me, or come up with a better path to run down.

 

2.      Which comes first - characters or plot for you?

 

The plot comes first. I play the ‘what if’ game a lot. Whenever I see something or go somewhere that sparks my imagination. 

 

On an overcast evening I walked down a wooden foot bridge along the coast. The incoming tide made a shushing noise against the concrete pylons as it pushed past them. It occurred to me, looking down at the grey silt, a body would sink right in down there. Maybe with only the toes of the left foot poking through…

 

3.      What are you working on now? Is this a book in a current series or something totally new?

 

Currently, I’m doing final edits for MURDER ON THE MALAHAT, an Adam Norcross Mystery. It’s the first in a new series.

 

I’m also writing CONDO CRAZY, book 3 Musgrave Landing Mystery series. The fourth book in the VIC Shapeshifter’s series tentatively entitled MAGIC’S PRICE is resting at the moment. I’ll get back to it when Condo Crazy is complete.

 

I also have a new romantic suspense, THE COMMON TOUCH. The publisher has it scheduled for November, but with all the crazy things happening in 2020, it might be delayed.

 

4.      Do you have some kind of object or place that figures in most of your books? I use gems a lot, hospitals and caves.

 

I like to have animals in my books, the mysteries always feature a cat or dog. Not always a pet. The Shapeshifter series, well, they bring their own animals.

 

5.      Do you write every day or just when the spirit hits?

 

I find I need to write something every day. Sometimes it’s for work, a report or an analysis. Mostly, it’s a bit of fiction though, a scene for my work in progress usually. Or maybe a writing challenge. I like those too.

 

 

6.      Where can we find you?

 

This is my website:  https://blackyvy50.wixsite.com/yvonnerediger 

 

Facebook Page:  http://www.facebook.com/ vicshapeshifters/ updates for all my upcoming releases, news and features can be found here.

 

This is my YouTube channel, I have book trailers, videos I’ve made, a few for helping new authors.  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRg1KoOYF0e1nQuhy5rV-wA?

 

7. Who are your favorite authors? What about a book you’ve enjoyed?

 

I read widely, Ann Cleese, Jim Butcher, Jordan Peterson, Dave Duncan, Tanya Huff, Harlan Coben, and of course Linwood Barclay and Elevator Pitch. Mr. Barclay is a great writer of the thriller and he will answer questions on GoodReads, and so will I!

No comments: