Monday, October 22, 2018

Meandering on Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #BWLPublishing #Poem #Conference #Writing

Meander ! - Poem _ Distant Drums -

I hear thunder in the distance
Like the rolling beat of drums
Or the trucks upon the Thruway
At night when I'm alone
I shall listen to the pulsing
Of a million hearts in one
And wonder what I'm hearing
In the steady thrumming sound
Is perhaps a new day coming
Is there freedom in the air?
Keep on rolling distant drums
Til I can catch the beat.

Meander 2 - Conference - I just returned from the New Jersey Conference. Did I learn much. Perhaps not but somethings were reinforced and also I met up with friends I haven't seen for years. One of my former critique partners was there. Was so great to see Eileen and learn what she's been doing. I've missed her and her critiques. Also heard sad news about an almost friend who I enjoyed spending time with. Made some new friends and sold a book. Now I have to catch up with what didn't get done while I was away.

Meander 2 - Writing - Working hard up until Thursday but then I left for the conference. Will be back to work tomorrow.

No comments: