Monday, October 26, 2015

Meandering on Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #Poetry #PDF1


Meander 1 Poem - More memories from my nursing days.

A Summer Sunday Spent With Strokes

Seven AM - already warm
A summer Sunday -- different
Not going to church or to the pool
A summer Sunday spent with strokes.
Pat and I - the whole large ward
For baths and beds - To feed and help
The heat is growing heavy
Twenty two beds precisely placed
Against the wall in a U-shaped mouth.
We'll neverr finish.
There's too much to do.
A plan is hatched.
Twenty-two fronts for her.
Twenty-two backs for me.
This isn't what we were taught
But necessity leads the way.
The charity ward where the elderlycome
When they have no one to care.
Pat and I could have cared a lit.
But we haaven't the time sp spare.
beds must be made and baths done.
A Summer Sunday spent with strokes
And two student nurses who learn with pain
There isn't time to care too mcuh
And the heat is oppressive
On a summer Sunday spent with strokes.

Meander 2 - Reading - I've been reading a lot these days since I had a project begun recently. Some of the books are wonderful and some are all right. I've undertaken this and I will complete what I set out to do. Hopefully the coming contests to judge won't take up too much of my time. I will complete all these tasks.

Meander 3 - My writing. Am working hard on Wizards and still have at least one more complete re-write to do. Not what I planned but I refuse to let this go until I fell the book is ready to go. Am working on the second of the books I'm getting back after the first of the year. They're short so I can re-write them and i find I rushed when I initially wrote them. Then there's the long one to do. That won't be re-written byt will be retyped. Then there are the other stories waiting to be spun. I will spin them as I can.

No comments: