Monday, November 4, 2013

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters


Meander 1 - About critique groups. I've been a member of one for a long time. The faces may change but I am still there. We read outloud and sometimes I think we miss the important things. I had a real time problem in what I'd read and this wasn't picked up. Oh, other things were but when I went back and read what I'd written, I realized the days were wrong. No but problem since I'd picked it up on my own. Sometimes I worry that I'm not seeing things that will make other peoples' stories really sing. Of course, there are always those who don't listen to suggestions and continue with what they want to do. Are they listening to the characters or to themselves in seeing what they want to see or here. I just ripped out two scenes in a story I wanted to have finished last month. Not finished yet but I will soon have it done. I'm sending it to one of my critique partners to see if what I've done works.

Meander 2 Trying to write faster and that's becoming difficult in some ways. There are so many things I'd like to write and I can't seem to find the time. Guess it's time to stop wasting time playing games or reading too much.

Writing actually is going fairly well. Still typing Rekindled Dreams and working on the Amber Cage. Also sort of outlines the book for Toth's Pharaoh and the third of the Moonchild series. Must get to work now.

No comments: